Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday Potluck

Ian loves to climb trees!!Ethan and Riley - the best of friends!!


Chris is showing the kids a dead lizard (we think it was a lizard but it was hard to tell since it was so scrunched up)

Kids throwing rocks into the water

Action shot of Ronan throwing a rock!





Eating the delicious food!
The ranger drove by and asked us not to climb trees :(

Ethan :)
Painting ornaments!

Finished ornaments drying in the sun
All the children chasing Matthew :)
Dogpile Matthew :) :) :)
Sunday we went to O'Neil Regional Park for the APSouth (Attachment Parenting Mom's group of Southern Orange County) Holiday Potluck. I wish more families could have joined us; maybe next year it will be even bigger. I love my mom's group and appreciate their friendships so much. We have fabulous conversations (sometimes in short spurts while running around after our children) and I love sharing advice with them. Today was another super day and was nice and sunny. We took a little walk down the creek bed and the boys (it ended up being all boys today (9 boys total) loved throwing rocks into the little "pond". Somehow no one got bonked on the head with a rock (I'm not sure how they managed that) and only Sammy got a little bit more wet then Kari would have liked. The boys could have stayed there for hours, but after we saw a tick on Blythe, we decided it was time to head back and eat lunch. Everyone brought wonderful food and we all enjoyed it very much. Rachel made salt dough ornaments and the kids enjoyed painting them. Thank you so much Rachel for making these ornaments. Thank you everyone for coming!!! We had a blast!! Till next year!
My appreciations:
- my wonderful husband for just being who he is...playing with all the children; cleaning out the garage this afternoon and donating our stuff to Goodwill, and getting my oil changed in my car (THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO)
-my awesome children - you are amazing little boys and I love you very much!
-my incredible family and friends
-warm, sunshined filled days
-being so close to the beach, mountains and desert
-yummy raw foods
-Christmas time (I love all the decorations and the holiday songs)
-Fresh clean air
Love to you all,
Shelly & family

No comments: