Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 1 of 21 Day Detox Diet


Ok, so I made it through Day 1 of the 21 Day Detox Diet.

Here's what I ate:
6:00am - mason jar of warm water and lemon

7am- rode the bike for 45 minutes (yeah!)

8:30-9:30am - green smoothie (2 bananas, 1 big fuji apple, 1 cup strawberries, 10 small dinosaur kale leaves, 3 cups mixed lettuce, 2 dates, 1 TB Dr. Greens powder, & water) - I had to add the dates because it was a very intense green taste. It tasted better with the dates. It was a lot to drink but I did it over an hour.

(we went to the library and afterwards the boys snacked on tofu, apples and tangerines)

1:30pm - big green salad (butterleaf lettuce, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, and the dressing was 1 orange juiced mixed with 1 celery stalk)

2:15pm- cup of detox tea

3:15pm- pineapple & banana (the boys wanted a snack so I cut up pineapple and banana and couldn't resist. I was glad I ate it because I was feeling tired and irritable and that helped me get through that hump.

We went for a walk to the park and the boys enjoyed seeing some kids slide down the hill on ice blocks. Ian went head first down the slide and went right into a water puddle. So, I had 1 boy wanting to go home because he's wet and one boy who wanted to stay at the park and play...ugh@!!!!

5:45pm - energy soup (1 apple, 1 stalk celery, little bit of cucumber, 3 basil leaves, 1/2 lime juiced, little bit of dulse, and handful of spinach) - it was actually very tasty and I wished I had made more because I was still hungry. So, I cut up the rest of the cucumber and ate that.

(the boys had leftover veggie soup and 1 piece of eziekel bread)

I realize now that raw cacao definitely is a stimulant and is addicting. We've been having green pudding every morning and we all put toppings on the pudding (basically a green smoothie but thicker and today Matthew made his first one - yeah!). Anyway, we usually put mulberries, goji berries, and cacao nibs on the pudding. Today I just had my green smoothie without the cacao and I could feel a little headache and more tired. I think I'll stop buying the cacao - it will be better for all of us.

I was also very irritable today and Ian was just pushing my buttons. The boys have been fighting more lately and Ian wants EVERYTHING Ronan has and they are having so many problems sharing. I was talking with a friend about it today and she said maybe Ian just needs attention and wants to be held (that's what she is doing with her kids). So, I'm going try that more, ask him if he needs a hug and if he needs more attention. He is truly driving me crazy with his behavior lately. I really hope tomorrow is better. It also didn't help that Ronan wouldn't take a nap, so I didn't get my 30 minutes of rest...ugh!!

Here's to tomorrow!! :)

No comments: