Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 4 of 21 Day Detox Diet!/Ian hurting his lip:(

Ronan at the park todayIan with his busted lip :(
A few minutes later- Ian & Ronan are playing with their new Crocodile costume I got from Target for $3.19 (they were having a massive sale and I couldn't resist)!




Today was a busy day. Ian went to his Waldorf Preschool and Ronan & I went to the park to meet up with our friends. I got a call while we were at the park that Ian injured his lip and I can hear him crying in the background. So, I jumped in the car and rushed over to school. His lip was pretty banged up (you could see 4 teeth marks and other areas of the lip busted). Luckily the bleeding stopped shortly and he recovered pretty quickly. I'm amazed how kids can rebound from injuries so fast and how adults take so much longer. I felt bad leaving him with Amber, but I had to go to my appointment at the Serenity Wellness Center. But luckily he was better by the time she came and was happy playing.


I had an iridologist study my eyes a few weeks ago and she discussed the results with me today. (Iridology is an alternative medicine technique whose proponents believe that patterns, colors, and other characteristics of the iris can be examined to determine information about a patient's systemic health. Practitioners match their observations to iris charts which divide the iris into zones which they correspond to specific parts of the human body. Iridologists see the eyes as "windows" into the body's state of health.
Iridologists use the corresponding charts to highlight certain systems and organs in the body as healthy and others as overactive, inflamed, or distressed. Iridologists believe this information may be used to demonstrate a patient's susceptibility towards certain illnesses, to reflect past medical problems, or to predict health problems which may be developing.)


She told me things I did know already from previous blood work 2 years ago and some things I didn't know. The main things I am struggling with are: 1) weak stomach acid, 2) congested lymph system, 3) poor assimilation of vitamins/minerals, 4) overall acidity in my body.

So, she suggested to take digestive enzymes every time I eat to help me digest my food and assimilate the vitamins/minerals (she said I'm eating all this wonderful organic raw food, but I'm not getting the most out of it). She also said to take a good probiotic, eat lots and lots of greens and do dry skin brushing, colonics, and lympathic massage for the congested lymph system.
I knew about the digestive enyzmes and probiotics but I need to take them regularly and I'm already doing the cleanse, so I'm getting lots of greens. So, I just need to do the dry skin brushing and lympathic massage and the colonics (I've had 2 done already a few months ago and they weren't very pleasant).

I can't remember everything I ate today because it's been so hectic, but here it goes:
6:30am- mason jar of water with lemon (I didn't get out of bed until 6:00am this morning!!)

7:30am- green pudding (bananas, apples, asian pear, mango, spinach) with mulberries on top

10ish- green smoothie at park (banana, apple, Dr. Greens powder and something else i can't remember)

1:00- finish leftover green smoothie and apple
4:30pm- green veggie juice from Mother's Market

7:00- big green salad (romaine, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, celery, 1/4 avocado, with sqeeze of orange and dulse), 2 dates afterwards.
I'm super tired, off to bed.....

2 comments:

MamaEarly said...

Hi there! What a wonderful web page. Your family is beautiful!

I did want to say, because this caught my attention, is that Sjogren's Syndrome has no cure and that it isn't possible to get rid of it. I've heard of a few instances where it went into remission, but being an autoimmune illness, it is permanent. I think it's wonderful what you're doing to stay healthy, but I wanted to make sure you knew that your Sjogren's won't go away, but it's possible to manage symptoms for some. I have it, too, and attend medical conferences on SS to try and learn as much as possible. I admire your fortitude to take care of yourself. I couldn't drink the fortifying drink you mentioned!

Mead Family (Matthew, Shelly, Ian and Ronan) said...

Hi MamaEarly, Thanks for your comment. I was surprised to hear that the doctor said he could get rid of my Sjogren's too. I will get more blood work done in a few months and see what it says and also talk with some of his patients that have healed themselves from it. What is your diet like since you have SS too?