Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!!!







Wow, I can't believe it's January 1st 2008...where did the year go...whoa!!!!!!! Well, we had a great New Years Day. We went to a new nature center in Laguna Canyon http://www.lagunacanyon.org/nix_nature_center.html and we had a nice time exploring. We walked to Barbara's Lake which is the only natural lake (non man-made lake) in Orange County. We spotted a great blue heron on the edge of the lake and saw some bobcat, coyote, skunk and bird tracks in the dirt. The park ranger said there is a family of bobcats that live in the area and frequently visit the lake, but we didn't see any there. After the short hike we headed to Laguna Beach with Jake, Nick and Jakey. The weather was just gorgeous and the boys had so much fun playing in the sand & water. We also some a pod of dolphins...a perfect addition to the day!!
I am so blessed each and every day for my beautiful family and so thankful to have such a wonderful husband. I love my boys so much!! :)
My goals for this year are the following:
- only buy items that we truly need and only from the USA or other countries that are fair-trade and/or handmade (basically try to avoid products from China)
-only buy organic cotton/hemp or other sustainable fabrics for clothes, towels, sheets, etc
-GO GREEN!! RECYLE, REUSE, & COMPOST
-only buy organic food (we do that now, but just wanted to include it on my list)
-exercise everyday
-drink a huge glass a water when I first wake up in the morning
-drink a green smoothie or green veggie drink everyday
-Eat all RAW foods
-play with my kids more and not worry about household chores as much
-hike every weekend with the kids
-run on Wednesday and Sundays
-be more positive
-no more yelling
-be more patient
I'm sure I'll add more to my list, but that's all I can think of now.
Here's to a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year!!
Love you all,
Shelly

No comments: