Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 6 of 21 Day Detox Diet!

Saturday was a very hectic day for us. First, Ian woke up at 5am and Ronan woke up at 6:50am - they both went to sleep at 6:30 the night before. I went to Pilates, then the Chiropractic appointment, then to Trader Joe's. I came home and made soup for Emily who is sick and for the boys for dinner. Matthew took the boys to the park to play. When they got home, Matthew went to his Chiropractic appt. and returned some tile and a bathroom cabinet to Home Expo. When he got home, I went to my massage appointment and then dropped off the soup to Emily. After dinner I went to a parenting seminar, "Parenting from the Heart" which was so wonderful. http://www.parentingfromtheheart.net/ They gave us examples and practical tips to really connect with our children. They offer a 18 hour course (over 3 Saturdays) that expands on what they talked about and I'm going to sign up for it. Since we've been having such struggles with the kids lately and since Matthew and I were brought up so differently, we really need to do this. I asked her about the troubles we've been having over sharing toys and she said this, "Have both boys negotiate how much time they would like to have with the toy and you should help Ronan understand the time limit. Ask each of them how long they would like the toy and if it's Ok with both of them and hopefully they will come to some kind of an agreement." I'm excited to go to the 3 day workshop to get more help.

Since it was such a crazy day, I'm not sure exactly what I ate, but here it goes:
- mason jar of warm water with lemon
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 apple
- really yummy green pudding (2 bananas, frozen mango, kale and mixed greens)
- smoothie - 2 bananas and Dr. Greens powder
- avocado salsa from yesterday and celery and cucumber

I shouldn't have eaten the avocado salsa so late the previous night because it didn't sit well all night and I didn't feel so good in the morning.

I'm writing this at 4:30am this morning because Ronan threw up and I can't go back to sleep. It looked like he threw up his soup from last night. I really hope he feels better today. :(

Lots of love,
Shelly

No comments: