Sunday, September 2, 2007

Beach & Pool Day!





Today was another incredibly hot day (over 100 degrees). We went to the beach early this morning and explored the tide pools. The boys found some snails, sea anemones, fish, crabs, and lots and lots of shells. Ronan loved throwing the broken shells in the water. Ian just loved playing in the water and making sand castles. The waves were huge today and the water was pretty cold, but refreshing! After we played at the beach for a few hours, we went home and both boys had a nap...yeah!! Matthew and I got to relax and surf the net. Then we went to Auntie Emily's pool and the boys had lots of fun. The picture above is Ian jumping into the pool trying to get Emily (wasn't that a great picture!). I made a raw blueberry pie from "Naked Chocolate" book and it turned out pretty good. Matthew said it could have been a little sweeter and I kind of agreed. Next time I'll make it a little different.
My appreciations for today:
-my wonderful family
-my awesome husband
-my beautiful children
-going to the beach
-watching the waves
-feeling the sand between your toes
-both boys taking naps!
-swimming in the pool
-hanging out with Emily
-eating yummy raw blueberry pie
-sunshine
-my health
-bedtime
Love, Shelly

No comments: