Thursday, September 13, 2007

Visit to the OC Zoo today










Today we went to the Orange County Zoo to see the animals and walk around the park. I have such conflicting feelings about zoos because I don't like to see animals in cages, but my kids love animals and love learning about them. It's so hard! Chris and her children, Jesse & Shelby, came and Courtney and her daughter, Kamryn came too. We walked around the zoo and saw coyotes, a bobcat, a moutain lion, owls, eagles, vultures, bears, beaver, porcupine, donkey, mule deer, and goats. We went to storytime after seeing all the animals and then we ate some food and played in the trees. I forgot most of the food that I prepared, so luckily I had some dried food in my bag and Chris and Courtney shared their food (thank you mamas!). I can't believe I forgot a whole bag of food...ugh!
We had a lot of fun and both boys crashed out in the car, yeah!! Amber came to babysit and I got some errands done. I got a green juice and 2 oz of wheatgrass at Mother's Market and I still feel nauseous. I think it was too much wheatgrass. Usually I just get 1 oz and green juice but I wanted to try more today. I won't do that again!
Oh, I talked to Ian about Ruby and told him she was sick and old and is in a better place now and is not in any pain. He said, "Jasmine's not going to die, right, because she eats a lot of food." I'm not sure what he really meant, but I think he said that because we were saying that Ruby hadn't eaten and was so skinny, so he just probably thought Jasmine (our other cat) is so big and eats a lot that she is fine. I'm not sure he quite gets it, but we'll talk about it more if he wants to.
My appreciations for today:
-Ruby for being a wonderful sweet cat
-my brave husband
-my awesome children
-my wonderful family
-my fabulous friends
-riding the bike today for 1 hour while Matthew took the boys for a walk
-going to the zoo
- seeing a HUGE mountain lion
-watching the kids feed the goats
-watching the kids climb trees
-naptime for both boys :)
-babysitter
-getting errands done
-bedtime!
love, shelly





1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty:(