Monday, September 10, 2007

Toddler in the Garden Class










This morning we went for a run and it was kind of chilly. I guess it's starting to cool down finally which is such a relief (I drove our running route and it's about 3.2 miles...pretty good). Today we went to the Toddler in the Garden class and it was taught by Miss Emily. The boys tried tomatoes, fed the goats and horses, painted with carrot juice and pulp and helped plant carrots and onions. Here's the link for more info: http://ochomeschooling.com/earthroots/calendar.html

Ian really loved the pineapple heirloom tomatoes but didn't really like the other ones. Of course he doesn't like them when we are at home. It was so funny to see a whole bunch of kids fighting over tomatoes. Ronan tried a few tomatoes but didn't like them. We had 3 tomato plants in our garden this summer and the pineapple heirloom tomato plant did not produce any tomatoes. :(
Miss Emily gave my 3 tomato plants but I don't know what kind they are....I hoping they grow well.
Ronan got sunscreen in his eyes, so the rest of the morning didn't go so well. I really need to find a sunscreen that is tear-free. I wish they would just wear hats!
Ronan took a nap on the way home and Ian and I read books, did puzzles and relaxed while Ronan took a short nap. We had a mellow afternoon and Ian was in bed by 6:45pm, he was so tired (he woke up at 2am this morning and went into the front room, started playing with his toys and then I heard him saying to, "Ronan, are you ready to play, I got all the toys setup." I couldn't believe it. I really need to put a digital clock in their room and teach him to read it) Ronan was in bed by 8pm. They are going to sleep all night (sending out positive energy).

My appreciations for today:
-my wonderful family
-my awesome husband
-my fabulous boys
-running
-watching the boys try the tomatoes
-feeding the goats
-naptime
-breeze and cool winds
-sunshine
-tomatoes
-my health
-raw food
-bedtime
love, shelly

2 comments:

Kari said...

I would love to take that Toddler in the Garden class as soon as I can work it into our schedule. For the sunscreen, the stick works really well on Sammy. I know that California Baby makes a more natural one, but it is zinc based so it makes them look kind of white. I just use the Coppertone baby one.

Mead Family (Matthew, Shelly, Ian and Ronan) said...

Thanks Kari for your suggestion. I just bought Badger Sunscreen b/c Blythe recommended it while we were at class. I'm going to try it soon and see how it works. I felt so bad for Ronan...his poor eyes! It would be awesome if you could join the class...it's so much fun!