Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday - Playing cards,Reptiles,Dinner







Today was a very busy day....I went Pilates, Farmer's Market, bookstore and Jill's house to borrow a book and while I was doing all of that, Matthew took the boys to the park and then he got them to take a nap (yeah!). The boys got up at 5:15am this morning and they went into the front room and started playing Dragon War with the cards that Nana sent a while ago. They love playing card games, especially Dragon War and "who's the biggest" (a made up dinosaur card game). I stayed in bed and listened to my podcasts (listening to a lot of raw inspired radio shows) while the boys played so nicely together. It is so wonderful when they play so well together and entertain themselves for a period of time...yeah! So, the boys took a nice long nap (about 2 hours) and then we went to the Anaheim Convention Center to look at lots of reptiles. Ian got to hold a reticulated python (I got to hold it too) and touch a huge iguana and a bearded dragon lizard (those are the pictures you see above). Ian just loves snakes...I think we'll be getting a snake when he's older. The other picture is of 2 huge bullfrogs. We saw tons of snakes, lizards, tortoises, centipedes, millipedes, tarantulas, cockroaches and some fish. After that we went to dinner - we ate at Native Foods (all vegan restaurant) and I bought To-Go items from 118 degrees raw restaurant (they are in the same plaza). The boys shared a tofu/rice/veggie plate and a fruit/dip plate and Matthew got a portabella/sausage burger. I got a marinated kale/sweet mustard salad, coconut/veggie wrap, cookies, bread and cheeze. I ate the salad and one of the wraps and we all shared the cookies. YUMMY! The pictures above are the salad and the cookies. We rarely go out to dinner, so it's a real treat AND the kids were awesome and ate really well. The other picture is the boys playing in the water feature that is outside Native Foods.
Today I appreciate:
-my wonderful family
-my amazingly patient husband
-my awesome kids
-Pilates
-Farmer's Market
-Both kids napping!
-Reptiles
-Going out to dinner
-Yummy RAW food
-My health
-Sunshine (great weather - not too hot)
-Bedtime
Love, Shelly

No comments: