Friday, September 14, 2007

It's Friday!!!




Yeah, it's Friday!!! We went to Shalimar's house for a playdate and had lots of fun (I forgot my camera so there's no pictures of the kids playing). We talked a lot about raw food and I gave her some tips and suggestions to incorporate more raw foods into her diet. She made a yummy kale salad and a marinated cucumber salad. Yum! After we tired the children out, we went home and Ronan took a very short nap. I've been so tired lately and I don't know why. This is my 67th day being 100% raw and I'm still tired in the afternoons. I don't know if it's just being a mom and not sleeping as much I need, always busy doing things around the house, playing with the kids, etc. I need to figure this out because I hate being so tired. I am definitely a morning person and love the morning, but I shouldn't be so tired in the afternoon/evening. Maybe it's just going to take some time for my body to adjust and/or maybe I need to adjust my diet. So, anyway, I fell alseep on the Ronan's bed while I was laying down with him because he didn't take a long enough nap and he was falling apart. Well, I ended up falling asleep a little bit and he didn't . I woke up (maybe 5-10 minutes) and they had lined up all their dinosaurs, dragons, animals, etc and grouped them all and were making stories. It was so awesome and creative!!
After my little nap I made raw banana, cherry, blueberry ice cream (put the frozen fruit in the Champion Juicer and you make ice cream). And then for dinner we had veggie wraps with the onion bread from RAWvolution, pinenut cheese, sprouts, jicama, avocado, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and olives. The boys are starting to really like these wraps. Now I need to find other dinner meals that they'll like so it's not alway veggie wraps.
My appreciations for today:
-my wonderful family
-my awesome husband
-my fabulous children
-my awesome friends
-My health
-the Sunshine
-making yummy raw foods
-playdates!
-naptime (for me too :))
-my children playing so well together
-Bedtime!
Love, Shelly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All those brightly colored toys bring back memories of when my kids were small! Enjoy them now, they grow up quickly!

Smiles!
Connie