Saturday, September 1, 2007

Tom & Dawn visit!





I love Saturdays!! I went Pilates and then I went to the Farmer's Market (a much bigger one than I normally go to on Sundays). I bought the most delicious dates from a vendor and decided to make the raw chocolate brownie that Ronan loves. The picture of the brownie is above and the recipe is 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup pitted dates, 1/4 cup raw chocolate powder (I added some shredded coconut to the mix because it was really wet from the fresh dates). I also bought yummy shitake and portabello mushrooms and made pesto stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight (that is the other picture from above). Matthew and I really liked them; the boys didn't want to try them. I'm going to make more to bring over to Emily's house tomorrow for a BBQ and pool party. I also made a really yummy blueberry pie that I'll bring over to Emily's tomorrow (I'll post a picture tomorrow). So, since it was so hot today (101 degrees), we stayed instead for most of the day and I did some "uncooking" and the boys played. We put tons of pillows and blankets in the front room and the boys were running and jumping on them. They also like it when we pretend we're alseep on the blankets and then they run and jump on us! Oh, the boys both got a haircut this morning...yeah!! Ian was really good, but Ronan wasn't so cooperative. Luckily the lady who cuts their hair is really good or they'd have some messed up hair. In the afternoon, Tom and Dawn stopped by for a little while to give Ian a birthday gift. Then they were headed to Dawn's cousin's wedding (that's why they were so dressed up). They gave Ian a dinosaur book and a toy in which you use these plastic gears to build things. The boys were loving it!
Here's my appreciations for today:
-My awesome family
-My wonderful husband for playing with the kids all day and dealing with their haircuts while I was out
-My fantastic children
-My wonderful brother and wife for coming to visit and bringing Ian a b-day gift
-Pilates
-Farmer's Market
-Fresh, delicious dates
-Tasting a new fruit, the Jugube fruit (I'll post a picture and info on that tomorrow)
-Making yummy raw food today
-Sunshine
-Bedtime
-My health
Love, Shelly

1 comment:

Tom and Dawn said...

Hi Shelly, what a cool site you have created. Thanks for including me and Dawn in one of your blogs. We had a great time with you guys, as always.
Love you, your brother!