Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day!!





Today is Labor Day, so of course Matthew has the day off!! Yeah!! We decided to go on a hike in the early morning to try and avoid the heat. We got to Casper's Wilderness Park at 8am and went on an hour long nature walk. The boys did so great even though it was hot and humid (probably at least 80 degrees at 8am). Ronan was loving it and having so much fun. He walked almost the entire way (52 minutes) and Ian walked the entire hour hike. They were pretty tired, sweaty and hot when we got back to the car, but they had fun. I can't wait for them to be able to hike more and then we can do some serious hiking. We went to the Nature Center and it was closed due to the holiday. Even though it was closed, we looked around and watched the birds feeding and drinking (there were quails, scrum jays, and other birds) and then I saw some legs poking out from under the ladies' restroom. Matthew gently prodded it out from under the door and it was a TARANTULA!!! We think it was a young one because it wasn't too big or hairy. The boys just loved looking at it and we took a picture right when it went back under the door. We had a lazy afternoon and the boys just played with daddy. Then we decided to go to the mall along with the rest of Orange County...man oh man was it busy! We bought some hiking shoes for Ian and the boys got a superhero t-shirt and sunglasses. I wish I had my camera at the store. They were so darn cute with their sunglasses on...I will definitely take a picture of them tomorrow..so cute!!
We quickly got home and gave them a bath and then had dinner. We had raw veggie wraps and I was so happy that everyone ate them. Ronan had the onion bread with avocado, cucumber, carrots and olives and Ian just wanted a romaine lettuce wrap with cucumbers, olives, carrots, sprouts and olives. I am so happy that Ian ate a lettuce wrap. I tell them everyday that eating your fruits and veggies will make you big and strong like a superhero and everyday they ask me if this fruit or veggie will make them big and strong...it's so cute and it's so working :)
My appreciations for today:
-hiking in the morning
-watching my beautiful boys enjoy hiking and nature
-sunshine (it could be a little bit cooler)
-my wonderful husband
-my health
-the internet
-bedtime!
love, shelly






No comments: