Monday, August 27, 2007

Beach Day!



Today is one of those days where I really truly appreciate where I live. We went to Newport Beach with a friend of mine and the weather was so perfect. It wasn't too hot, too windy, or too cold; it was so perfect. We had a great time playing in the sand and the boys had so much fun running from the waves and holding sand crabs. They both fell asleep in the car and took a good nap at home (yeah!). After their naps we played in the garden and then went for a walk. Throughout our day, we try to name certain things from each letter of the alphabet to pass the time in the car or on a walk or just to learn. So today during the ride to the beach, we did ocean alphabet and named all the animals in the ocean from A to Z. In the garden we named all the fruits and veggies from A to Z. And on our walk this evening we named all the superheroes from A to Z (Ian did all the superheroes). This is something everyone can do and it really is fun and keeps your brain active!
This evening I made a really yummy shake that we all loved: about 1 cup of almond milk, 2 bananas, 1/4 cup goji berries, cinnamon and ice...yummy!!!
Today I appreciate:
1) My wonderful family
2) My awesome husband for keeping the kids busy this morning while I got ready for the beach
3) My fantastic children
4) Both kids napping today!
5) Being so close to the beach and enjoying this perfect day
6) My friends
7) Sunshine
8) Ocean
9) My health
10) Raw foods
Love, Shelly





No comments: