Friday, August 17, 2007




I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so I'm doing it this morning. Ronan hasn't been taking naps lately and is getting up at 5am every morning. He started getting tired around 10am but I couldn't have him take a nap then because I had my usual Thursday playgroup at my house and I had to pick up Ian from preschool at noon. So then I tried to get both boys down for a nap around 1:15pm but they just play and fool around in their bedroom. It's really cute to listen to them talking to each other and playing around, but I also need them to take a nap, especially Ronan. The above picture is Ronan passed out while doing his puzzle at 3:30pm. I left the house at 2:45pm to go to my Pilates class and my babysitter, Amber, was there to watch the kids. I guess Ronan was so tired that he finally passed out on the ground....poor guy!! Today I'm going to try my hardest to encourage a nap even if I have to drive him around in the car. He just can't go all day without a nap especially waking up at 5am. So, the boys went to sleep around 6:45pm and Ronan woke up at 12:30am asking for water and then he woke up at 5am. I heard him saying, "Ian, Ian, wake up." So, I rushed in there and gave him his pacifier and blanket and told him it wasn't time to wake up yet and please don't wake up Ian. 15 minutes later I hear both boys getting up and going into the front room. They are such early birds!! I'm glad I'm a morning person!
The other 2 photos are Superfood Smoothie and Savoy Truffles. The Superfood Smoothie contained: brazil nut milk, cacao powder, agave, cinnamon, vanilla, blueberries, raspberries, lucuma and mesquite powder, maca, and acai (all mixed up in the vitamix with ice).
The Recipe for the Savoy Truffles is found in the RAWvolution Uncookbook by Matt Amsden.
I buy some of my raw ingredients from http://www.rawfood.com/ and from http://www.alissacohen.com/ and from my local heath food store.
Here's what I ate yesterday:
6:45am- shared 2 grapefruits with the boys (I'm so excited that they'll eat grapefruit)
7:15am- Superfood Smoothie (recipe above)
(8:00am - rode stationary bike for 30 minutes)
10:00am-11:15am- More of the same smoothie from above, Truffles from above and watermelon
1:15am- green smoothie (6 leaves Swiss Chard, frozen blueberries, 1 apple and ice) shared it with the boys :)
(3:00pm - Pilates)
6:15pm - Nori rolls (raw nori, romaine lettuce, sprouts, dulse and Mock Tuna Salad from RAWvolution Uncookbook)
Here's my appreciations from yesterday:
1)My family
2) My wonderful husband who cleaned the garden and patio before everyone came over for playgroup
3) My wonderful children- they help me to learn to live in the present moment
4) My friends coming over today for playgroup
5) Hot, Hot sun
6) My babysitter
7) Pilates class
8) Shopping for groceries by myself
9) My health
10) More energy
Bye for now!
Shelly

No comments: