Sunday, August 19, 2007

Farmer's Market Day

I love Sundays because that's when I go to the Farmer's Market. I buy organic and pesticide free produce from the local farmers. Today I spent $75.80 and I bought the following: 7 nectarines, 5 peaches, 6 apples, 5 lbs oranges, 8 passion fruit, 5 sapote, 5 heirloom tomatoes, big bowl of grape tomatoes, 1 big maui onion, 2 bunches broccoli, 1 cauliflower, celery, 2 bunches of carrot, 3 cucumbers, basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, chard, kale, red butter lettuce, 2 red romaines, jicama, green onion, 5 reed avocadoes, 6 lemons, 4 limes, and 3 zucchini. Now I need to sit down and figure out what I'm going to make this week. We aren't planning on doing much today. Matthew is planting some radishes and peas that we grew from seed at a gardening class with the kids. The boys are outside squirting water with their new water sprayers. It's another hot day today. The boys and I ate for breakfast an entire yellow watermelon from the farm..yummy!! I need to figure out what to make today.
We went swimming at Auntie Emily's pool today after Ronan took his nap. Ian wears a modified life-vest that helps him stay afloat but he still has to swim a little. So, today he wanted to take out one of the floating pads (there are 3 each in both the front and back panels). He was watching me swim underwater and then next thing I knew, he was swimming with his head in the water. It was unbelievable...he's definitely a visual learner like me. We had a great day!
My appreciations are:
1) My wonderful family
2) My awesome husband for gardening today
3) My fabulous children
4) Going to the Farmer's Market
5) Taking a short nap
6) Cleaning the bathrooms, kitchen and some of the windows
7) Swimming in Auntie Emily's pool (thank you!)
8) Eating a really yummy raw sandwich when we got home
9) Sunny, hot day
10) Reading

Love, Shelly

No comments: