Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday- Park & Pool Day





We went to Laguna Niguel Regional Park this morning and we saw 2 Peregrine Falcons perched on a fence - that was really cool. I just love raptors! Then the kids played with Daddy while I shopped at the farmer's market. The boys fed the ducks and geese and played on the swings. Then when I finished shopping we put the boys in the stroller and ran around the lake - that was great exercise! I got a massage in the early afternoon and Ian took a short nap (Ronan didn't take one). Then we went to Auntie Em's (my friend Emily) pool and the boys did some swimming. Ian is learning to swim with a modified swim vest. He is such a great swimmer and loves jumping in and swimming on his back. Ronan loves the water too but not wanting to learn how to swim yet.

I wanted to start a list of appreciations to help me stay positive, enjoy life, and live in the present, so here are some for today:
1) Having a wonderful family
2) Having the BEST husband
3) Having 2 beautiful, smart, funny children
4) Getting a massage
5) Going to the park
6) Running
7) Shopping at the farmer's market
8) Visiting with Auntie Em
9) Watching Ian swim
10) Enjoying a nice warm sunny day
Here's some pictures from today!
Enjoy :)
Shelly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome that you have a blog going, Shelly! This is a great way to keep friends & family connected, especially when talking to people in real life can be so hard to fit in. :)

Mead Family (Matthew, Shelly, Ian and Ronan) said...

Hey Shell, thanks for your comment. I didn't know you had a blog too. I first thought it wouldn't be something I would want to do, but now I love it and love sharing with my friends and family. Hopefully we'll connect soon and hang out!
:)Shelly