Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Climbing trees



Today we met our friends at the park and had a lovely time. It wasn't too hot and there was even a little cool wind. The boys were climbing the trees and having lots of fun. Of course Ronan had to try to climb everything Ian was climbing, even though he can't quite reach all of the branches. He is definitely Ian's little shadow. He loves to copy him; luckily Ian doesn't mind yet.
This morning I made fresh orange juice for everyone. I also made a green smoothie made out of papaya, pineapple, banana, and parsley. After the park I made the above salad...it was so yummy! It contained romaine lettuce, sunflower sprouts, grape tomatoes, jicama, bell peppers, cucumbers, avocado, green onions, dulse (seaweed), and I squeezed an orange on top of it for the dressing. It was so light and refreshing. I'll definitely be making this salad again.
Tonight I tried to make a raw tomato soup but it didn't turn out quite right. The boys didn't want to eat it. So they ate some kale chips that I made a while ago. Then they had some celery with cashew butter and raisins. Oh yeah, I made a superfood smoothie this afternoon (almond milk, cacao, goji berries, lucuma, mequite, maca, acai, and alissa's green powder and some raw honey and ice.
Here's my appreciations for today:
1) My wonderful family
2) My awesome husband
3) My fantastic children
4) Riding the bike this morning
5) Meeting my friends at the park
6) Having awesome friends
7) Watching the kids climb the trees
8) Making delicious raw foods
9) My health
10) Sunshine
Bye for now, Shelly

No comments: